The Darma Muneeswaran Temple at Serangoon North Avenue 1 has been in existence at its current site for more than one hundred years.
It was started as a simple shrine under a Bodhi tree, sometime around 1900. A community of about 30 Indian families residing in the vicinity, mostly involved in cattle-rearing activities, probably erected the shrine to protect themselves. It was and is still common practice for a Muneeswaran deity to be installed as a guardian at the entrance to an estate village. Then, the shrine comprised only a flat, semi-spherical granite stone with inscriptions, and a Trident placed under a tree. While the Trident remains in its original site at the Bodhi tree, the granite stone is now embedded below Lord Darma Muneeswaran in the current temple complex.
|Tue||Morning||09.00am - 10.00am|
|Tue||Raagu Kalam||04.00pm - 05.30pm|
|Emakandam||10.00am - 11.30am|
|Kuligai||01.00am - 02.30am|